Children & Custody

Home / Areas of Practice / Children & Custody

Children & Custody Lawyers in Melbourne

Nothing is more important than the welfare of your children.

At Testart Family Lawyers, we are sensitive to your needs and the best interests of your children. Our expert child custody lawyers in Melbourne handle all areas of child custody law including:

  • shared parenting
  • access to children
  • guardianship
  • parent’s rights
  • relocation
  • recovery orders
  • child support

In times of conflict, children can often feel the stress and tension between their parents. At Testart Family Lawyers, our aim is that you have the best possible relationship with your children moving forward.

Child Custody Lawyer Melbourne

How can we help you?

FAQs: Child Custody Lawyer Melbourne

Do I need a child custody lawyer in Melbourne?

If you are in a dispute with a former partner about custody of your children, it’s always best to seek expert advice from a specialist child custody lawyer in Melbourne. Testart Family Law can help guide you through the entire dispute resolution process to reach an agreement outside of court if possible – and make an application to the court if not.

We will make sure the best interests of your child are always prioritised.

Do I need to go to court to arrange child custody?

No, you do not need to go to court to arrange a child custody agreement. With the help of a specialist child custody lawyer in Melbourne you can either draw up an informal agreement or a ‘Consent Order’ to be lodged at court.

If you are unable to reach an agreement after attending a dispute resolution process you can make an application to the court for parenting orders.

What is a parenting order?

A parenting order is a demand made by the court that parties involved are legally required to follow. These orders can decide allocation of parental responsibility, custody of children, and all other aspects of the care of the child or children concerned.

Most child custody disputes are solved without the need for a parenting order.

We're here to help